1. Job Purpose
We are looking for a Research Assistant in the field of public health focusing on chronic disease prevention. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that responsible for the development and evaluation of a digital e-counselling platform (HOPE – Healthy living with Online suPport & Education) to engage and support individuals with elevated cardiovascular disease and diabetes risk factors, and to help them adopt lifestyle changes to reduce the levels of these risk factors.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team which includes clinicians, nutritional epidemiologists, dietitians and experts in human-computer interface. You will also work with experts in behavioural sciences/marketing and physical activity who are active collaborators.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in conducting literature reviews and appraisals of publications.
- Conduct research study activities like recruitment, data collection, data analysis and data management.
- Provide research expertise to conduct study evaluations and clinical trial.
- Work closely with principal investigators, research associates/ assistants, and program manager to execute studies by planning, preparing study protocols, and implementing these studies efficiently.
- Prepare and apply projects’ ethics applications.
- Liaise with collaborators to bridge clinical and scientific information in order to integrate both into new and ongoing projects.
- Provide research updates to stakeholders on regular basis.
- Analyse and evaluate research outcomes.
3. Job Specification/Requirements
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Science/ Public Health/ Social Science.
- Minimum 2 years research experience (recruitment, data collection, and/or data analysis).
- Good knowledge in Quantitative Analysis, Epidemiology, or Psychology would be an advantage.
- Familiar with data analysis using software like STATA, SPSS, or the like.
- Possess leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment with different groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Astute critical thinking skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Prior experience in publication of research findings would be an advantage.
The position is for one year, but can potentially be extended. The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate’s academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
Applicant should send the following during the application:
1. Brief statement of interest matching their skills and competencies to the post
2. Curriculum Vitae containing details of two named referees
For further enquiries, please contact Ms. Sin Nee (email@example.com).
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Science/ Public Health/ Social Science.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.